WHAT ARE DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots. They’re typically made out of titanium, but also sometimes ceramics. If a tooth is extracted for whatever reason, the root of that tooth leaves behind a void in the jaw. The dental implant fills this void, and can then be fitted with a restoration. Dental implants can be used to restore a single missing tooth, or can be used to support a bridge to restore multiple teeth. Several implants used in careful coordination can even be used to support a full arch denture, providing unparalleled stability and function for a full-mouth rehabilitation.
WHY CHOOSE DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Implants offer several advantages over dentures, bridges or removable partial dentures.
• Look and feel more natural
• If well cared for can last a lifetime
• Easier to maintain – just brush and floss like regular teeth
• Do not damage surrounding teeth
• Can improve health by broadening the diet
• Prevent further bone loss and even strengthen the jawbone